Skip to main content

WOMEN FOR WOMEN

Help a woman lift herself out of poverty all year long.

Your monthly gift provides consistent support to women and gives her the skills she needs to transform her life.

2017 LUNCHEON

SUPPORTING REFUGEES

  • Since joining Women for Women International, Regina has been working to improve the health of those in her community.
  • Awham remembers the year the war started in Iraq, and the additional hardships she faced after her husband fell ill and lost his job. “I was left to care for my four children with no income.
  • I am 38 years old. There was no happiness in my childhood. When I was six years old, my brother lost a dog-fighting match and started fighting with my cousin which led to my cousin’s death.
  • I was a happy woman, wife, and mother before the war came to my front door. After high school, I wanted to earn some money and explore the city so I went to be a babysitter for a family in Bukavu.
  • I’m 39 years old. I’m married and I have two children of my own, a son and a daughter. And I have adopted five more children, because of the genocide.
©2017 Women for Women International. All Rights Reserved
Women for Women International is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization. EIN/Tax ID #52-183-8756
Save

Comments

Popular Posts